Pipeline Transportation System Operator
Nord Stream 2 - your chance of shaping the future. Be part of one of the largest infrastructure projects in Europe.
Nord Stream 2 AG is planning and building two additional pipelines through the Baltic Sea to enhance the EU’s security of supply of natural gas. The Nord Stream 2 twin pipelines will have the capacity to deliver 55 billion cubic metres (bcm) of natural gas per year directly to the EU market.
The company Nord Stream 2 AG was set up in July 2015.
Scope of the Role and Purpose:
The Pipeline Transportation System Operator is responsible for reliable, efficient and safe operation of the Nord Stream Pipeline 2 Transportation System (NSP2S)
For the completion of our team, we are looking for several
Pipeline Transportation System Operators (m/f)
for our Offices in Zug (Switzerland) and for Kingisepp (Russia)
- Continuous monitoring of operating parameters via Pipeline Control System and the fire and gas safety system in continuous coordination with upstream and downstream operators
- Maintaining operations in compliance with gas transport nominations and design constraints
- Modelling and simulating the gas transportation modes by Pipeline Application System
- Coordinating contractor activities
- Liaising and coordinating with upstream and downstream operators during normal, transition and emergency operating modes, as well as during pigging operations and repair works
- Evaluating the operating status criticality
- Implementing preventive actions by sending predefined commands/instructions to the upstream and downstream operators
- Registering malfunctions and failures of equipment and upstream and downstream facilities, as well as maintenance activities being carried out on equipment
- Preparing equipment for maintenance in coordination with site supervisors and the Maintenance team
- Continuous monitoring of shipping traffic
- Notifying the nominated personnel in the event of emergency situations as per the Emergency Response Plan
- Participating in preventive emergency training with upstream and downstream operators and other involved parties, e.g. cost guards, fisheries etc.
- Controlling access to the MCC, BUCC and to the Russian and German Landfall sites in coordination with site supervisors
- Supporting the preparation, registration and filing of the work permits
- Registering usage of operating consumables, e.g. diesel fuel, oil etc.
- Recording the working hours of equipment and the calculation and analysis of equipment reliability and availability statistics
- Keeping operating logbooks updated
- Preparing shift operating reports
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor Degree (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline, e.g. process, mechanical, electrical, instrument
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in dispatching operations of oil and gas transportation systems or pipeline operations (preferably offshore) in an international environment
- Advanced knowledge of the thermal, hydro and gas dynamic processes is preferred
- Experience in high pressure gas pipeline system thermo-hydraulic modelling
- Experience of interfacing with control system design (SCADA, DCS, PLC, telemetry)
- Fluent English and Russian and/or German
- Ability to deal with different cultures and authorities
- High flexibility, in particular in relation to the shift plan
- Team Player